Greenwich's top chiropractor — Dr. Diana Gailes — and her team are here to help you meet all of your health and wellness goals using our "whole person" approach to chiropractic health care. We don't just treat the symptoms; we look at all aspects of your body and life to pinpoint the best treatment plan.
Conditions We Treat
Some of the more common conditions we treat include:
- Herniated/Slipped Discs: The cushion between two vertebrae tears and gets pushed through.
- Bulging Discs: The internal part of the disc gets pushed outward as the external portion weakens.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: When aging triggers problems with the spinal discs, weakening them and causing pain.
- Sciatica: A pain along the sciatic nerve, which runs from your lower back into your toes.
- Spinal Stenosis: Narrowing of the space around the spine which can cause problems in the nerve causing tingling, pain, or weakness.
Common Treatments Your Greenwich Chiropractor Offers
- Motion palpation: to examine the spinal column and joints of the extremities and identify motion issues.
- Adjustments of the spine or extremities: to realign using hand force - the activator method uses instruments to achieve these results
- Diversified technique: a classic chiropractic technique used to correct subluxation (dislocation)
- Sacro-occipital technique: using triangular wedges to perform manipulations targeting the lower back
- Drop table technique: combines a drop table with a thrust to perform adjustments without twisting
- Neuromuscular therapy: targets soft tissues like muscles and tendons with sustained pressure to help relieve pain
Rehabilitation and Corrective Exercises
- Therapeutic Modalities: to help regain normal functional mobility - includes electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound, hydrotherapy, and cryotherapy.
- Spinal and Postural Screenings: preventive measures to help detect spinal issues before they develop further
- Lifestyle Counseling: to improve the quality of life of our patients by offering advice on life's roadblocks
Orthotics and Treatment
We also have a state of the art computer laser scanner that creates custom-made orthotics. Orthotics are shaped insoles placed inside shoes with the purpose of restoring natural foot movement by correcting foot posture, and abnormal or irregular walking patterns.